18 August 2008

So...I Decided to Start This Blog Thing...

I'm always on the lookout for new ways to keep in touch with everyone back home. I'm not a big fan of email because I spend so much time on the computer with school or work. I prefer the phone, but its hard to track people down these days with everyone's (mine included) crazy schedules. This brings us to...

The Blog.

I've never been a big fan of blogs, maybe because they were pretty popular for a while and I tend to not like trendy things, or maybe it was because they are similar to a diary, which I've always felt is a little too self-indulgent (it usually turns into a giant b***h session).

Anyway, I've accepted the idea that a blog could be useful to me. I start grad school in two weeks and I'm not sure how busy that is going to be, I'm guessing very busy, but even if it is, I think I should be able to dedicate 15 minutes at some point during the week to post an update about what I'm doing, learning, cooking, etc. I think this will also be a more efficient way to share pictures than through email, and I know how people like pictures!

So, I ask that you be patient with me while I get this whole blog thing under control. I'm sure there will be lots of changes, updates, modifications in the next few weeks as I figure out what exactly I want this blog to be. Thanks for the understanding!

***Update***
During my summer travels in 2009 and 2010 I realized that seems to be what most people want from my blog - to hear about the places I am fortunate enough to visit and excavate, and the things I have learned about traveling through my experiences. Henceforth, this blog is dedicated to chronicling my past, present, and hopefully future trips around the world, and of course anything related to culture and travel.

No comments: